Time Thief

Wednesday, April 13, 2005

I'm baaaack

Well, friends, it seems I've resurrected posting on the house progress. For those of you who have been around for a while, you may have seen/heard from me as kimmatt.com. This is the latest incarnation of the blog. I'm not the type to ever be very settled. Perhaps I'll stop moving this thing around someday. Enjoy it while it lasts.

Anyway, reasons for the return are many-fold:

- People keep asking me, "Are you done yet?"
- There is now actual visible progress that people might be interested in.
- Such simple things seem to take soooo much time. (It went so much faster at my old place!) Maybe posting what I'm doing everyday will help me (or a reader) figure out a way to speed things along.
- I really HAVE been working on the house literally every day for the past several months (with the exception of sick days). No more slacker nights off.
- I hang out on HouseBlogs.net a LOT, so I will feel less like a stalker if I'm posting as well.
- I'm thinking my new job (starting Monday!) will allow more time for such luxuries as blogging.


Given that, tonight I:

attempted to finish sanding the trim/woodwork in the bedroom. All I had left was the dormer window and the built-ins. I worked for a couple of hours and managed to get the dormer window sanded, both built-in "cavities", and got started on the built-in doors and shelves. Despite not finishing, I'm definitely liking the '3X' sandpaper that I bought this time. It really does work much faster.

There is a nasty side-effect of so much sanding, other than loads of sawdust in my lungs. Last night I woke up in the middle of the night because my hands were so dry! Without returning to full consciousness, I wrung my hands, rolled over, rubbed in two pumps of lotion, and went right back to sleep. I hope that doesn't happen again tonight. I've already slathered twice and will try for twice more before my head hits the pillow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home