Time Thief

Monday, April 18, 2005

popcorn, cottage cheese, or salsa?

Kasmira over at Cininnati Cape Cod has submitted for our consideration - a proposal to keep the popcorn ceilings. I'm pretty sure her post was triggered by the re-appearance of my blog.

I was fortunate at my last house which still had its original plaster finish in all rooms but the kitchen. Not so at this one. Not a plaster wall to be found and textured ceilings in every room. The low ceilings made the pointy edges of the droopy cottage cheese feel as if it could suffocate you. (I bought the neighborhood, not the house.)

At only 7.5 feet high, the ceiling glitter is decidedly un-diamond-like. In fact, the glitter is gold. It looks more like they stuck on sparkles from a child's craft set as an afterthought than anything that could have been incorporated into the texturizer. They only used the glitter in certain rooms. Maybe they couldn't find enough children to steal craft sets from.

Thanks for the health warning, Kasmira, but most of it is long gone. If you're in the mood for a freak show, I should dig up those pics and re-post them. Did I mention the texture on the living room ceiling had wallpaper underneath? (!) The remaining cottage cheese ceilings have holes all over them and will be completely removed and re-drywalled at some point in the future.

2 Comments:

  • I apologize if I didn't give you popcorn credit in my blog. I couldn't find where I had read that someone was tearing it out...I have a bad habit of reading things on the net, forgetting where I saw it, and then writing about it.

    By Blogger Kasmira, at 8:33 AM  

  • Hey - no sweat. I'm sure there is at least one other person in the world is removing it on any given day. :)

    By Blogger SmilingJudy, at 8:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home