Time Thief

Thursday, July 19, 2007

New Dishwasher Detergent

For a few years now, I've been trying out "green" cleaning products as I use up the old stuff. Overall, I've been very pleased. It's nice not getting a headache after cleaning. (Duh...I never made the connection until after I'd switched.)

I use several things from Method. Yes, their products are all about marketing and I could probably make similar solutions in my kitchen, but I've been pretty happy with their products and I like the nifty smells. The one area that hasn't been so lucky is dishwashing detergent. I couldn't even finish the bottle of Seventh Generation liquid dish detergent. It now lives in the bathroom to be used when I flush the whirlpool tub (not often).

I happened to be at Whole Paycheck a few weeks back and found myself in the cleaning products aisle. I took a gander to see if they had anything different and decided to try ECOVER. I am so impressed! It seems to work even BETTER than good-ole Cascade and they have some pretty ingenious packaging. Yes, it costs more, but I'm just trying to do my part.

Maybe I'll try out their laundry detergent next. I'm still a Tide girl, having had bad luck finding an alternative that can get out stains in a cold water wash. Or maybe I should just get a supply of bibs so I stop spilling food on myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home