Time Thief

Tuesday, June 21, 2005

some "after" teasers

So the time arrived when I was ready to post some "after" shots. And I started to feel kind of weird about it. I mean -- transmitting images of my bedroom for all the Internet to see -- freaks me out a little. Especially since I know there were readers of my last blog that I don't exactly want seeing that kind of thing. What if they found the newest incarnation? (Don't worry - if you're wondering if you're "one of them", then you're probably not.) In order to appease my followers, I've taken some abstract "what the hell is that?" shots. Hopefully that will satisfy. Read on....

(Disclaimer - I just got a new camera and haven't exactly figured out the best way to use it. Everything keeps coming out blurry. Since these are supposed to be abstract, I'll just say "I meant to do that".)


I love the practicality of ceiling fans, especially since I try to limit use of the A/C as much as possible. Must be because of the "nature girl" inside me.


Wacky shot of a built-in. The room is looking much more blue than reality.


Gratuitous cat shot - Meda and friends


Another gratuitous cat shot - Meda and her friend "legs"


Door from office to bath. The "Home Depot" orange color was not chosen by me, but I think I'm okay with it. As you can see, some walls were painted white to highlight the funky angles. The color orange is supposed to stimulate thought, so it's perfect for an office. The only problem with it is it gives the impression that I'm a huge fan of the Despot, which I am NOT.


You'll notice a lot of incongruity in different rooms' colors. I know that bothers some people, but not me. I think you should use color in specific rooms to affect how you would like to feel in that room. One of the coolest houses I ever saw was an old four-square on a Christmas tour of old homes in Lawrence, KS. All the rooms in the house were painted bold, bright colors. They all came together in the kitchen, where the walls had a white base with a sort of "finger paint" effect using all the other colors in the house. I thought it was so fun and interesting. I remember that house when I think of all the wacky colors going on here.


The color in the bath is off, but it's just going to have to stay that way for a while. It was a major pain to paint in and around all the funky wall goings-ons in there, so it's staying that way....at least until round one is finished.




Meda checking out the shower


Cool two-part flusher on the toilet. Little one in the front for pee-pee, larger one in back for other stuff.


Quin finds a home in the bathroom sink. "I will eat you, then pee on your carpet." Yes, Quin, and that is why there will soon be no more carpet.

4 Comments:

  • Nice abstract pictures. I like the colors. It's too bad you had an unwanted poster on your blog. I never thought about that sort of thing happening before. Were they just pestering you with posts?

    By Blogger Greg, at 8:42 AM  

  • The colors look great to me as well. Abstract as it is, it looks great- so bright and clean! Did you do much research for your two-flush toilet? That's what we'd like to get, but haven't gotten that far down the list...

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 9:10 AM  

  • Thanks for the nice comments. My unwanted viewer was actually someone I knew in "real" life who was following my online life a little too much. Had the potential to be a little stalker-like.

    Very little research was done on the toilet. I was so enamored by use of so little water, there wasn't much thought to it. It is pretty nifty, but the next bathroom will probably just get a Champion (the one that can swallow all those golf balls). But I still haven't done that research either!

    The major downside to this one is that it uses an electric pump - which means it needs to be plugged in, takes up a dedicated circuit, and the pump is kinda loud. Needing to have electricity to work is a downer since it will not work when the power's out - a semi-frequent reality when living in an established neighborhood with lots of big trees.

    By Blogger SmilingJudy, at 10:41 AM  

  • I should get one of those duel flush toilets for the 2nd bath. I feel kind of guilty about my 100 year old high-tank. I imagine the water level of the local reservoir drops noticeably every time I flush it. On the up-side, that baby will never clog.

    By Blogger Greg, at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home