Time Thief

Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Who says I have no taste?

Well, me mostly. My taste tends to run towards the extreme. I have no problem admitting to the fact that most people would find the environments I create slightly annoying, if not repulsive. No beige rooms here. Except the 'Chocolate Froth' in the hallway that I love, love, love. Don't get me wrong. I totally understand the pleasing nature of beige and its ability to stand the test of time. I'm just not into it. I'm even attracted to houses in the neighborhood that are a nice shade of beige, white trim, and black accents, but it'll never be me.

Anyway, I cruised over to the This Old House website the other day during toilet installation research. This will be the first one I've ever really installed by myself and wanted a refresher course. And whaddya know....the feature story that popped up on their home page was an article about bold interiors.

Say what you will about the This Old House enterprise these days, but I bet most people agree that their stylists/designers usually do a pretty good job. The picture at the lead of this article is almost exactly the two colors I have going on in the dining room and living room. They are adjoining rooms similar to the photo and even I will admit that the two colors back-to-back is a little much. I have plans to hang a nice drape in the one corner of the rooms where the colors actually butt up against each other as camouflage.

I've even been thinking of repainting the living room lately, but who needs a new project, right? With my color scheme being "approved" by the TOH empire, I feel validated. :)

1 Comments:

  • I am definitely in the Loves-Bold-Color category. I'm going to end up with off-white walls in my kitchen, but that's only because the cabinets are green. :) Otherwise, I want my house full of color! And I love that color combo in the TOH photos. I'm sure yours looks fabulous, too.

    By Blogger K, at 10:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home