Time Thief

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

quick contractor update

To all the people who posted warnings on my last post: I hear ya. Been there, done that. That's why I've been so anxious about bringing someone in to do this work. The three things I've outsourced prior to now have ranged from sub-par to absolute nightmare. DIY isn't totally about saving money - it's about getting things done well. And, I too, have not been so impressed with Angie's List. Seems like a whole lotta hype to me.

I would've loved to just call someone in who was recommended, but it seems there is no such thing for drywall. A friend and I have both been working our networks because we both need work done. Between the two of us, we're still searching.

Anyway -- the Case Handyman guy pulled up outside around 7:50 this morning. I think he just sat in his van for 10 minutes because he knows I'm not a morning person. :) As soon as Good Morning America started to go to their 8:00 commercial, the doorbell rang. He's already on his second sheet of 1/4" in the dining room. I won't do the happy dance just yet, but I do have some good feelings.

3 Comments:

  • I am genuinely SO happy for you. What a treasure.

    By Blogger kbfamily, at 10:55 AM  

  • So far so good. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. It is a wonder how so many of the hacks out there stay in the business.

    By Blogger Greg, at 11:20 AM  

  • How true! DIY wouldn't be such a big thing if we all got quality work out of the people we hired. I don't think it has anything to do with being 'overly picky', it has everything to do with getting what you have been promised. When I had my roof put on my Texas house, the contractor would not take a dime until I was satisfied with the job. Now that's service. I hope your experience with this contractor is a happy one.

    By Blogger Ms. P in Jackson, at 5:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home