Time Thief

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

lather, rinse, repeat

Sand, fill, prime, fill, sand, paint, fill, paint, paint, paint again, fill, paint. Been working on trim, etc., mainly in the living room. Tedious and slow.

Floor guys started today, so I guess that means I get a few days off since I won't be able to walk in my work area. Post-sanding, they found three boards that were termite-damaged enough to warrant replacement. (sigh)

I feel bad for the poor sap who's strapped to the edge sander. I hate those things. In addition to all the edges, he's got two tiny closets and the odd-shaped "hallway" to do. I think he's an apprentice, so he's paying his dues. Let's hope he knows how to not cause swirl marks.

One cat is MIA. She's good at hiding, though, so I'm not too worried yet. If she doesn't magically appear as soon as the noisy strangers go away, I'll start the outside search.

2 Comments:

  • "Sand, fill, prime, fill, sand, paint, fill, paint, paint, paint again, fill, paint."


    It does seem to go on and on like a bad song. Wait a minute, I think I wrote a song similar to this once. It was a catchy tune. Let's see if I can remember it...

    By Blogger Greg, at 6:33 PM  

  • Ah, yes! I believe I remember that one. Were you also the infamous "scrape, scrape, scrape" author? So honored to have pirated your tune. :)

    By Blogger SmilingJudy, at 6:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home