Time Thief

Friday, November 11, 2005

mouse in the house


The cats have earned their keep for the year. Yesterday while doing laundry, I noticed some kitty sick. I kneeled down to investigate if it was just hairball or other, then I saw some more. I moved in the direction of the second spot and I noticed the furry little guy lying in sort of a corner between a trash can and an old broken-down laundry basket. Fortunately, my cats are kinda wimpy, so he wasn't torn to bits or anything. He looked like he could've died of natural causes until you looked close enough to see a couple of puncture wounds around his neck.

I'm conflicted about mice....they're pests that carry disease and can destroy property, but they're also so dang cute. That said, I don't want to take up residence with any, so the cats were adequately praised. I think it was probably Quin that did the deed. Meda would've brought it upstairs to show me. Quin has been spending more time in the basement than usual, and ran up to me meowing when I was investigating. She rarely talks, so I figure this was the best Lassie impression she could pull off. Way to go, kitties!

3 Comments:

  • How funny,
    I found a mouse in some kitty sick this am, too. I wasn't sure if maybe the cats had killed it and then the dog got it away from them, though, because I'd never heard of cats not keeping a mouse down before (mine eat raw chicken, for Pete's sake!) Anyway, strange coincidence and now I think i know who to give the credit to. Here's to a rodent-free winter.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:40 AM  

  • I hope no one has left any poisin bars etc... for the mice because that would be bad for kitty- just thought I'd mention it.

    But then maybe mice are kinda germy and that's enough to upset kitty's disposition.

    By Blogger Jocelyn, at 3:34 PM  

  • Nope, no poison around here. Kitty sick is not an unusual find. The excitement alone (of finding the mouse) probably was enough to make 'em toss their cookies.

    By Blogger SmilingJudy, at 10:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home