Time Thief

Tuesday, July 08, 2008

You like me! You really like me!

Let's face it, I'm not blogular. Yes, a new word I made up. A BLOGGER who posts REGULARLY with interesting, fun to read content = POPULAR. Hmmmmm...maybe I didn't make that up and it has a different meaning entirely. Anyway, it's not me. I lack the time to post regularly, let alone make it all very fun and interesting to read. It's okay. I'm fine with it. Even though I have the innate need for everyone's approval, priorities are what they are.

But even the anti-blogular among us can get tagged! I was tagged by This Damn House, so here goes. I'm not going to pass it along though. Since I am not blogular I am also the last person on earth to get this tag. Maybe if my Mom starts blogging about her racing exploits, I could tag her.

Relatives, you may skip this post.....


What was I doing ten years ago? I was living in a little 1904 cottage in Lawrence, Kansas. Could show you a picture, but I have no idea where my photo albums are in the current remodeling upheaval. I was working at Sprint in Kansas City and driving over an hour each way to work. 1998 was probably when I was in the office on the Plaza. Sooooooo fun.

Five snacks I enjoy. Chocolate, ice cream, chocolate, fruit, chocolate.

Five things on my to do list.
* Order flooring for the kitchen. I could cross this off if the guy would just call me back to take my money!
* Figure out birthday gift for the boy. Less than a week to go! EEK!
* Pull more nails from salvaged hardwood.
* Order range hood insert
* Grocery store

Five things I would do if I were a billionaire.
I would not work for a salary. That's it. Lots of other things would go along with it, but that's the key to making the rest happen. Too obvious?

Five jobs I’ve had. (Not very diverse I'm afraid. I had to stretch to get five.)
* Fast food (Wendy's for a week and Lion's Choice for a summer)
* Retail hag (Toy Chest, Toys R Us, Auto Zone)
* Mainframe computer operator (snoozzzzzzzzzze-fest)
* Programmer/Software Engineer/all-around techno geek
* My volunteer time spent baling paper so the city of Kirksville could still recycle it? Does that count? No? Okay, then we will call my current position 'Consultant/Technical Architect' and that counts as separate from the techno geek positions

Five of my bad habits. (Seriously? This could go on for days... I'll limit it to the ones I'll publicly admit.)
* Impatience
* Assuming that if I know something, everyone else must also (eg. I'm not a good teacher)
* Defensive when my knowledge or abilities are questioned
* Eating all but the last chip, last spoonful, etc.
* Ridiculous overuse of commas

Five places I’ve lived. (Again, not very diverse)
* St. Louis-area (yes, NV, my first 26 years were on the other side of the metro from you)
* Kirksville, MO
* Lawrence, KS
* Kansas City-area
Sorry, don't have 5 that are different enough.

Wow, that does not read as nice or interesting. Maybe I should follow the example of that lady who was on Oprah yesterday and write my eulogy today...spice things up a bit.

1 Comments:

  • No eulogies, please! And thanks for playing along. One of the things I love most about this blog is all the cool, fun people from all over the world that I've been able to cross cyberpaths with.

    By Blogger NV, at 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home