Time Thief

Monday, April 21, 2008

pot me up

I've been having "decision issues" on the silliest thing....pots for the front stoop. Anybody wanna help me out?

Hmmmm....I don't seem to have a recent pic of the front of the house.

Oh! I know!



Lookee, Google street view to the rescue! You can't really see it here, but there is an "open iron" basket that's been sitting out there for a while. While I do love it, it doesn't have to stay there. I think something casual (eg. a grouping of odd-numbered items) would be best. And it should have a cottagey-feel without being too cutesy. (That touch of modern I'm eternally searching for...)

I found some bluish-grey stripey pots at a garden center this weekend, but just wasn't sure. Maybe they would look something like this:



Hmmm....not as blue as that though. They were more subdued in tone.

I've had hankering for some zinc. Might look something like this:



It's been tough to find zinc in this country though. Hey, here are some faux zinc at Target. What about these? I'm not wild about the shape...quite a bit modern, cottagey not so much....but they are different. Hmmm...I just noticed the sizes. A bit small I fear.

I nearly bought some terra-cotta pots with applied "zinc" diamonds this weekend. I do like the cottagey idea of terra cotta, but the brick I veneered to the stoop is very close to terra cotta in color.

Ho hum. Hem haw. Anyone? I do believe the kitchen-remodel-process has broken my decision-making abilities.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home