Time Thief

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

doing the 'siding is finished' happy dance

Dance, dance, dance!! Can you feel it? That's some big-time relief and excitement.

Here it is in all its completed glory. Looks better than the neighbor's vinyl, doncha think?


Okay, so I still have some painting to do, but that's cake. Assuming I can get a few days above 35 degrees with no precip. A bit of a stretch this time of year, especially since this is on the west side of the house. And since it'll barely be warm enough to apply the paint, they recommend 24 hours dry time between coats. Luckily my schedule is pretty flexible. I'm watching weather forecasts like a hawk so I can get out there as soon as it breaks 35. I'm really anxious to get the trim painted because then I can call the gutter guys. Anyway....

Also got the garage cleaned out enough to put a car in there! It's a miracle.....sortof. The car still sits outside because my nasty garage door has a broken spring and tends to jump off the track. I lack the finesse to open it on my own. (Yes, I know it does not look nice with the trash sitting in front of it, but that's the point...I can't get in! Work with me, people.)



It will remain unused until I can find someone to put in a new garage door that is not the generic four-panel "colonial" thing that HD sells. A guy down the street who is a contractor by trade mentioned years ago (not kidding) that he could help me out when I was ready. Said he had a whole catalog with garage doors and he could get me one that looked like the original (much more in scale with the house). I feel a bit silly about it at this point, but I do know the name of his business, so I might have to call him up and ask for a little help.

And for good measure, here are some pics from my trip through the woods and over the lakes for turkey-day.


3 Comments:

  • Wow. What a difference that makes. Looks great. Keep up the good work.

    By Blogger The Bishops, at 12:44 PM  

  • Stunning! (and yes, much better than the neighbor's!)

    By Blogger K, at 2:25 PM  

  • Congratulations on your siding job. I am very impressed - particularly after viewing the rest of the shots on your page (the before and after was really striking!) I found another great site after visiting yours. The guy at Home Improvement Ideas Blog is always working on different projects. I'm surprised he hasn't talked about siding yet. Congrats again!

    By Blogger AmyJoy, at 2:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home