Time Thief

Thursday, December 08, 2005

celeb sighting in winter wonderland

This evening, I decided to take a walk to look for nice scenes of snow and lights. It's been so cold lately that I've been neglecting my walks/runs and was feeling desperate to be outside. So what if it's only 5 degrees, right?

I'm pretty proud of the people on my block this time around. Only the renters and the public works department neglected to clear their sidewalks. There is a creek behind my house and two pedestrian bridges....one on each end of the block. Since PW was off clearing roads or something instead of pedestrian paths, my neighbor to the north even cleared half of one of the bridges. Way to go usually-lazy-neighbors! Once I got beyond my block it was much more hit and miss, so it was a short trip.

I took my camera and snapped some pics along the way. I've just about given up on this thing....the exposure time is so long that it's nearly impossible for me to get a non-blurry pic. That said, proceed at your own risk.


the house

After my short trip around the block, I decided to head to the village shops for some pics of the lights.


village flower company


village clocktower - this time i kind of like the swirlies caused by my shaky pic

Right around now, I was really starting to freeze. For some reason the fingers on my right hand were really biting. So I started to rush towards the market where I could warm up before heading back home. Fingers stinging and toes numbing due to a mis-aligned sock and what do I see? St. Nicklaus crossing the street. No joke, right there. I said hello, but forgot I even had my camera since I was in such a hurry.

I took a walk around the market (even the freezer section felt warm) until my fingers thawed and headed back out. There was my buddy St. Nick again, crossing the street in the other direction. He happily obliged when I asked if I could take his picture.



A few more on the way back home.


promenade


boar sculpture


fountain on the promenade



EDIT: Public Works must've read my post. :) They've got their fancy snow-clearing machine out on the other side of the creek. They somehow managed to drive it off the sidewalk and it's now stuck. At least they're trying.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home